Areté isn’t average or typical, and neither is our massage experience. We don’t thrive in following the norm or providing ‘just the basics”. We strive to excite, inspire, and create magic through each and every detail, every moment.
Do you remember the first time nature gave you a sense of great awe, the first time a song gave you goosebumps? If so, Areté is the place you’ve been hoping for. We’re searching for team members who find adventure in their everyday, someone who looks to the sky and imagines all the possibilities yet to come, believes that through the alchemy of touch, smell, and sound, magic can happen.
We are looking for talented, highly ethical, licensed Massage Therapists with the below qualities to join our out of the box team.
REPORTS TO: Leadership Team
We are currently hiring for nights and occasional weekend shifts
Part time: 20-30hrs/ week
Current North Carolina License and adherence to all local and state licensing laws and regulations
Current Professional Liability insurance
Has a strong desire to help others, promote health and wellness, and convey the benefits of regular massage/ self care.
Committed to raising the standards of the wellness industry through innovative practices.
Impeccable work ethic, customer service skills and team attitude.
Responsibilities & Requirements
• At minimum, able to perform Swedish & Deep Tissue massage.
• Ability to assist disabled clients
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Report to work free from any adverse effects of drugs or alcohol and lives a tobacco-free lifestyle
Understand and embody Areté’s culture and mission of health & wellness.
Have a strong desire to grow and improve in your practice.
Willing to work with fellow team members to help our clients take full advantage of available offerings.
• Provide massages ranging from 60-90 minutes for scheduled clients
• Consult with clients regarding their current needs, medical history and overall wellness to provide them with a customized massage to address specific complaints or wanted outcomes. This isn’t a one size fits all studio.
• Guide clients through our service offerings and recommend treatment plans that can include suggestions of our other offerings to assist clients in their selfceare practice.
• Take and record detailed histories, including but not limited to information about injuries, chronic health conditions, client massage preferences.
• Provide client with “Wellness Prescription” after each session and encourage return visits.
• Care for the cleanliness of the massage room and restroom. Including assisting with washing linens and other equipment. (Washer/ dryer is on site. You will not need to take linens home.)
Benefits we offer:
Stability of W2 Employment Status (no 1099’s!)
Access to affordable health care via our Chamber of Commerce membership in partnership with Piedmont Health for both part time and full time.
Staffed front desk to assist with receiving clients and laundry
Peaceful, beautifully appointed facilities and fully equipped rooms with all necessary supplies
Continuing Education opportunities and compensation up to $150 after the completion of your first year, $300 every year after that.
Complimentary services and discounts on retail products.
Uniforms are not required but professional, clean attire is a must.
If you think this would be a good fit, email us your resume (Please, no walk-ins), cover letter, and three professional references. Applicants without them will not be considered.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.